What you need
1 liter glass or heat resistant bottle, 1 pan, 1 salad bowl over 500 ml, 1 measuring cup, 1 funnel and 1 cheese grater
Here are the steps to make this recipe a success. :
- If you have chosen to take Marseille soap in bars or cubes, grate it using the cheese grater.
- MThen measure 50g of Marseille soap flakes.
- In a pan, heat 500 ml of water without boiling but until it is very hot.
- Then pour the Marseille soap flakes and stir until the soap is dissolved and forms a homogeneous liquid solution.
- In the bowl, pour the other 500 ml of water at room temperature.
- Add the baking soda and the soda crystals then mix.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, pour the contents of the salad bowl into the saucepan containing the Marseille soap dissolved in hot, but not boiling, water..
- Using a wooden spoon, stir again to incorporate the contents of the bowl.
- Once the mixture is homogeneous, pour the contents of the saucepan into your bottle using the funnel.
- If you wish, you can add a few drops of lavender essential oil, or the scent of your choice, if you have not taken the scented shavings.
- Let stand for 24 hours.
Since the mixture offers a concentrated solution, it is a very economical laundry soap as well. It only takes a tablespoon or two in the washing machine tray for normal laundry. To be adapted according to the size of the machine, the dirtiness and the amount of clothing. Do a few trials in the beginning. Remember to stir the mixture before each use.
Additional tips :
– This recipe is ideal for white, black and colored garments. However, if you want to revive the white of your clothes or your sheets, you can add a handful of sodium percarbonate in the drum of the machine. It is a powerful stain remover that will reactivate the whiteness of the laundry.
– Despite all the advantages of this detergent, however, it is not recommended for delicate laundry, such as silk. Soda crystals are a very powerful natural product that can damage the fragile fibers of clothing.
– This recipe keeps well for a long time. None of the products that compose it can rotate. On the other hand, over time, baking soda and soda crystals can lose some of their effectiveness. That being said, you can easily keep it for 6 months without any problem!